Five things you may not know about me:
1. I am a member of the Romance Writers of Australia, the Australian Society of Authors and the Dark Side Down Under.
2. It took me ten years to write my first novel length story.
3. Whilst living in Japan, I studied Ikebana (Japanese flower arranging) and attained the level necessary to be able to teach it.
4. I have a soft spot for Studio Ghibli films (My Neighbour Totoro, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away etc.) and some of them I prefer to watch in Japanese.
5. The first writing prize I won was the Kick Butt First Line competition on Jaime Rush's website in 2011 with the following line:
Sometimes when you burn your bridges, you are left on the wrong side of the river facing a horde of angry trolls.
A short bio...
I grew up in a small tourist town on the south coast of Western Australia surrounded by thick forests and pristine beaches. After living in Japan and Singapore I returned to WA and settled in Perth with my husband and two kids. With the additions of a wiggly dog, lopsided cat, squidgy cat and two sassy rabbits I am happy to stay in one place for a while. Instead, I let my imagination travel in urban fantasy and paranormal romance stories filled with tough heroines, troubled heroes and quirky sidekicks.
Urban fantasy and paranormal romance author.